Light Four Wheel Drive Training
Our course will ensure that drivers understand and can demonstrate basic knowledge and practical application relating to the characteristics and operations of a Heavy Four-wheel Drive, to a unit standard benchmark.
Ideal for trainees:
- Required to obtain the specific unit standards for recognised compliance training.
- Who have not completed any compliance refresher training in more than five (5) years (recommendation).
We are partnered with Natural Instincts, a leading training, consultancy, and adventure specialist.
- Ongoing specialist professional development for our trainers.
- Independent assessment of our trainers to ensure quality and consistency.
- Constant review of the latest technological advancements in vehicle systems and their impacts on drivers and their training.
- Hold the appropriate licence for the type of vehicle driven.
- Vehicles to be provided by the client – 1 vehicle per 1-2 trainees.
- For unit standard 17978 the candidate must hold unit standard 17976
- For unit standard 1738: the candidate must hold unit standard 17976 & 17978
Course Numbers and Pricing
- Cost per group $4,400 + GST for Two Day Unit Standard Based Training.
- Practical site hire from $225 + GST per day.
- Training for groups to a maximum of 8 trainees.
- Additional Trainer $1500 + GST per day (10 trainees maximum).
What to expect on the day
The course includes a mix of theory and practical sessions and includes elements relating to unit standards selected
- 17976: DKO operating a light four-wheel drive in an off-road environment.
- 17978: Operate a light four-wheel drive in an off-road environment.
- 1737: Drive a heavy vehicle on unsealed road surfaces.
- 1738: Drive a heavy vehicle in an off-road environment.
What happens after you finish the course:
- We will register applicable unit standards and issue your electronic Certificate of achievement.