Light Utility Vehicle Training
Ideal for applicants:
- With limited experience.
- Wishing to obtain the specific unit standards for recognised compliance training.
- Who have not completed any compliance refresher training in more than five (5) years (recommendation).
We are partnered with Natural Instincts, a leading training, consultancy, and adventure specialist.
- Ongoing specialist professional development for our trainers.
- Independent assessment of our trainers to ensure quality and consistency.
- Constant review of the latest technological advancements in vehicle systems and their impacts on drivers and their training.
- Candidates must at least age 16 or over.
- For unit standard 24553 candidates must have achieved unit standard 24556.
- For unit standard 24558 candidates must have achieved unit standard 24553.
- For unit standards 24562 & 24560 candidates must have achieved unit standard 24553.
- Vehicles to be provided by the client – 1 vehicle per 1-2 trainees.
- If Unit Standard 24561 is selected; a suitable trailer, X4 20L containers (filled with water) and X2 tie downs will be required for the practical training day.
Course Numbers and Pricing
- Cost per group $4,400 + GST
- Practical site hire from $225 + GST per day
- Training for groups of a maximum of 8 trainees.
- Additional trainer $1500 + GST per day (10 trainees maximum)
What to expect on the day
The course includes a mix of theory and practical sessions and includes elements relating to unit standards selected covering:
- 24556: DKOSafe Operation of the light utility vehicle (LUV)
- 24553: Operate a LUV onFlat Ground in the workplace under close supervision
- 24558: Operate a LUV onrolling terrain under limited supervision
- 24562: Operate a LUV withmounted equipment or a load under limited supervision
- 24560: Ride a Quad Bike with mounted equipment or a load.
What happens after you finish the course
- We will register applicable unit standards and issue your electronic Certificate of achievement.