Competency or Unit Standards we have you covered for both.
This course is designed to ensure an operator has a sound knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of a Sideloader.
As there is a practical element involving the workplace this course is best delivered at the workplace.
Course Numbers and Pricing
Unit standard training 17679.
- 1-2 people $900 + GST per course.
- 3-6 people $1700 + GST per course.
- 1-6 people $900 + GST per course
Course Duration and Unit Standards
Duration from half a day to one day:
- Unit Standard 17679 - Operate a truck-mounted Sideloader. Expect half a day for up to 2 people, full day from 3- 6.
- Refresher training – expect up to half a day
You will need to supply the following equipment:
- One tractor unit with a Sideloader.
- A truck and ‘skelly’ trailer to receive a loaded container.
- One container loaded to at least 50% of the safe working load of the Sideloader.
- *Lifting chains on the Sideloader MUST have a current Certificate of Inspection.
- Skeletal or flat deck if loading onto a truck.
- Cones- and/or barriers to secure a safe practical training area.
- Training room adequate for the size of the course
What happens after you finish the course
We will register applicable unit standards and issue an electronic certificate of achievement and wallet card.