Accelerated Class 2-5L Truck Licence
This course enables heavy vehicle drivers 25 years and over to fast- track their journey from Class 2 to Class 5 licences without waiting the required three months between licence classes.
Drivers must show:
- That they have the experience to drive a vehicle for the class of full licence that they hold.
- The knowledge of how to safely drive heavy vehicles by passing a multiple-choice test.
While progress will be faster a driver must still go through each class – from a Class 2 to a Class 3 or 4, and from a Class 4 to a Class 5.
- Must be over the age of 25.
- You must first hold and present a full Class 2, 3 or 4 licence, then be able to verify that you can log more than 1000Kms of unsupervised driving in a class 2/4 truck over no less than 7 days (This is done after a discussion and in conjunction with a Driving Instructor). If the 1000km of unsupervised driving takes longer than 7 days, then all consecutive pages from the start to the completion of the 1000km of unsupervised driving must be produced.
- Our accelerated 3L or 4L course requires completion of some self-study plus 2 – 3 hours theory and a test.
Course numbers and pricing
- Starting from $1,000 + GST per person per licence class.
- Reassessment $250 + GST per person.
Course duration and structure
You will need to attend our branch for two separate sessions with a trainer. Our accelerated 3L or 4L course requires completion of some self-study plus 2 – 4 hours theory including a test.
There are three individual courses available to candidates which on successful completion will allow them to apply for the next stage heavy vehicle learner licence class:
Class 2 Full licence to class 3 learner licence course (2F – 3L).
Class 2 Full licence to class 4 learner licence course (2F – 4L).
Class 4 Full licence to class 5 learner licence course (4F – 5L).
What happens after you finish the course
- We will issue an NZTA Certificate which you will need to present at the Licensing Agency with your application form (DL1) to have Class 3L, 4L or 5L added to your Driver licence. Then book on our Class 3, 4 or 5 Full licence courses.
- IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate - it is not a licence.