Class 3 Truck Licence
Take the next step in your driving career, get your Class 3 full licence immediately after getting your Class 3 learner licence.
This course allows drivers to fast-track their Class 3 Truck Driver Licence without waiting 6 months (or 3 months, if aged 25 or over) from when they get their Learner Licence. We will coach you on the theory and assess your skills to drive a medium combination vehicle with a gross laden weight of more than 12,000kg but less than 25,000kg.
- Class 3 learners’ licence (we will need a copy when booking your course). Please bring it with you on the day. To get your Class 3 learners, you must have held your full NZ Class 2 licence for at least 6 months. Head to your nearest licencing agency with a current driver's medical (unless one has been presented in the last 5 years), pass your Class 3 Learner theory test, and contact us to book.
Course Numbers and Pricing
- Class 3 theory & practical $1,250 + GST per person.
- Worktime Logbook and Fatigue $380 + GST per person.
- Truck to be provided by the client.
Training for groups at your site is available with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 trainees
Course Duration and Unit Standards
- This is a 1 ½ day in-class course followed by a 4-hour practical drive. The in-class portion covers Logbook and Class 3 theory, and the practical portion includes 3 hours of coaching with a 1-hour assessment.
- This course covers unit standards:
- 17575 Operate a Class 3 rigid vehicle.
- 24089 Worktime Logbook and Fatigue*.
*If you have already achieved 24089 Worktime Logbook and Fatigue within the last 12mths you may be eligible for our short course (1 day shorter). Contact us to find out!
What happens after you finish the course
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency, and they will have your licence endorsed to include a Class 3 full licence (Fees apply).IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate we give you - it is not a licence.
- Contact us to book your Class 4 - If you are over 25, you may also qualify for a reduction in the 3-month wait – talk to us.