Class 5 Truck Licence
Take the final step in your heavy vehicle licence career and get your Class 5 full licence immediately after getting your Class 5 learner licence. We provide from 1-3 hours of coaching to ensure you are prepared for your 1 hour practical assessment. This is our point of difference to set our trainees up for success.
This course allows drivers to fast-track their Class 5 Truck Driver Licence without waiting 6 months (or 3 months, if aged 25 or over) from when they get their Learner Licence. We will coach you on the theory and assess your skills to drive a heavy combination vehicle with a gross combined weight of more than 25,000kg.
We provide truck hire at an additional cost, if you are providing your own truck it will need to be loaded to 50% payload. Contact us to learn more.
- Class 5 learners’ licence (we will need a copy when booking your course). Please bring it with you on the day. To get your Class 5 learners, you must have held your full NZ Class 4 licence for at least 6 months. Head to your nearest licencing agency with a current driver’s medical (unless one has been presented in the last 5 years,) pass your Class 5 Learner theory test, and contact us to book.
- Trucks and transmissions differ from branch to branch. If you have a preference, please let us know.
Course Numbers and Pricing
- Class 5 theory & practical $1,250 + GST per person.
- Worktime Logbook and Fatigue $380 + GST per person.
- Truck hire is available $1,150 + GST per person.
Training for groups at your site is available with a minimum of 4, and a maximum of 8 trainees.
Course Duration and Unit Standards
- This is a 1 ½ day in-class course followed by a 4-hour practical drive. The in-class portion covers Logbook and Class 5 theory, and the practical portion includes 3 hours of coaching with a 1-hour assessment.
- This course covers unit standards:
- 17577 Operate a Class 5 rigid vehicle.
- 24089 Worktime Logbook and Fatigue*.
*If you have already achieved 24089 Worktime Logbook and Fatigue within the last 12 months, you may be eligible for our short course (1 day shorter). Contact us to find out!
What happens after you finish the course
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency and they will have your licence endorsed to include a Class 5 full licence (Fees apply).
- IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate we give you - it is not a licence.