Four Wheel Drive Non-Unit Standard Training
Our course will ensure that drivers understand and can demonstrate basic knowledge and practical application relating to the characteristics and operations of a Light or Heavy Four-wheel Drive.
Light 4WD Ideal for trainees:
- With limited experience.
- Who have not completed any compliance refresher training in more than five (5) years (recommendation).
Heavy 4WD ideal for trainees:
- Who have previously completed unit standard training within the last four (4) years (This prior experience may need to be verified).
- Who have changed their vehicle/fleet thus operators require an introduction to the unfamiliar features & latest technology to ensure their safety both on & off-road.
We are partnered with Natural Instincts, a leading training, consultancy, and adventure specialist.
- Ongoing specialist professional development for our trainers.
- Independent assessment of our trainers to ensure quality and consistency.
- Constant review of the latest technological advancements in vehicle systems and their impacts on drivers and their training.
- Hold the appropriate licence for the type of vehicle driven.
- 1 vehicle per 1-2 trainees to be provided by client.
Course Numbers and Pricing
- Cost per group $3,000 + GST
- Practical site hire from $225 + GST per day
- Training for groups of a maximum of 8 trainees.
- Additional trainer $1500 + GST per day (10 trainees maximum)
What to expect on the day
The course includes a mix of theory and practical sessions and includes elements relating to
- Pre/Post vehicle checks using TCLOCS
- Modes and vehicle technology familiarisation in specific vehicles on site
- Hazard ID and Safety Margin Assessment (HISMA)
- Tyres – pressures – tread design and the relevance to traction
- Vehicle dynamics utilising - movement, momentum, traction, torque, gravity & centrifugal force combinations
- Driving on low-friction surfaces
- Negotiating uneven terrain – Descents, Ascents, Sidlings
- Water crossings (dependent on venue)
What happens after you finish the course:
We will issue an electronic Certificate of attendance.