Heavy Vehicle Load Security Online
Don’t risk a fine or losing a load and injuring someone. This course will teach you the correct processes for load restraint on trucks and trailers, whether you are new to the job or a veteran driver. It is packed with information about effective load securement from experienced truck drivers and driver trainers, explained using video and animation to make it easy for anyone to understand.
What will you learn?
- Rules and regulations
- Load balance and distribution
- Load anchorage and securement
- Permits and signage
- Chains and ratchet straps
- Curtainsiders and rigid trucks
- Racks and stanchions
- Tarps and covers
Who should do this course?
- Experienced drivers that want to improve their knowledge or job prospects
- New drivers who need to know how to safely transport loads
- Drivers from overseas who need to know New Zealand’s truck loading code and their obligations and responsibilities on the road
- Forklift drivers and yard workers who assist with load restraint